Enjoy a beautiful two-hour train ride through the Kentucky countryside while indulging in a gourmet three-course lunch with seafood, meat, and vegetarian options.
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 5-12
- Private Table For Two
Most Popular Excursion!
Immerse yourself in an experience that will take you back to a time of fine dining aboard luxurious rail cars in the heart of Kentucky Bourbon country. Enjoy a gourmet, seasonally-inspired meal prepared fresh on board while taking in the beautiful scenery with top-notch service and create memories to last a lifetime.
- 2.5 hour, 36-mile roundtrip excursion
- Gourmet, four-course dinner prepared fresh onboard by our dedicated culinary team
- All non-alcoholic beverages, including after dinner coffee and tea
My Old Kentucky Dinner Train features two beautifully restored 1940’s vintage dining cars, which are pulled by two 1950’s F-unit locomotives. Before your journey begins, take a moment to browse our gift shop full of unique mementos or sit back and enjoy a specialty cocktail from our depot bar stocked with premium wine, beer, and liquor, including more than 35 types of bourbon.
Embark on your journey from our historical depot nestled in Bardstown, Kentucky, named Most Beautiful Small Town in America by Rand McNally and USA Today in 2012 and in 2014 America’s Best Small Town by Fodor’s Travel Guide in 2014! Throughout the journey, the train travels through the breathtaking Kentucky countryside, traveling by sites such as Jim Beam distillery, Jesse James’ safe house, and the Jackson Hollow Trestle in the Bernheim Forest.
While My Old Kentucky Dinner Train’s patrons travel across the beautiful natural scenery and historical sites during the two and a half hour excursion, they are invited to embark on a culinary journey equally remarkable. The delicious prix fixe meal is prepared fresh while en route by our culinary team and served throughout the evening alongside refreshments and specialty cocktails. The traditional tables of four are perfect for conversation yet cozy enough for privacy. All that’s left is to sit back, relax, and enjoy the wonderful moments with those around you.
Dinner Menu (Seasonally Rotated, Sample Menu)
View full descriptions and photos of our menu under Info
Taste of Kentucky, Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta, Crostini
Second Course Options
- Golden Spike Salad
- Classic Caesar Salad
Main Course Options
- Prime Rib served with Seasonal Vegetables and Whipped Potatoes
- Pan-Fried Chicken Breast served atop Weisenberger Mill Grits and Greens with Sweet Corn
- Barbeque Shrimp and Grits served with our Local Grits and a Kentucky Summer Vegetable Medley
- Pork Porterhouse served with Local New Potatoes and Kentucky Summer Vegetable Medley
- Tortellini Formaggio topped with Mascarpone Tomato Sauce served with a Fresh Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Salad
Children Main Course Options
Served with Whipped Potatoes and Seasonal Fruit Salad
- Child Portion of Prime Rib
- Chicken Tenders
- Apple Dumpling a la Mode
- Fresh Fruit Cobbler served with French Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Derby Pie
- Check-in begins one hour prior to excursion time
- Excursions depart promptly at time listed
- Excursions depart from and return to the depot in Bardstown, KY
- The four course dinner is served throughout the evening
- Full-service bar available at the depot and while on board
- Additional appetizers and celebratory flower arrangements or desserts may be purchased in advance
- For more information, visit our FAQ page or call our reservations team