NEW YEARS EVE
Ring in the new year in style like never before! Come aboard our luxurious rail cars for a three-hour ride enjoying the beautiful scenery of Kentucky Bourbon Country. Enjoy 4 courses of decadent and festive cuisine prepared on board by our culinary team amidst live music in our 1940s dining cars. Join us as we ring in the new year with a “mock midnight” countdown with our train and champagne toast. Arrive early to enjoy our live band, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres during our social hour.
- From :
- $ 127
- Social hour including hor’ derves, champagne welcome & live music
- 3 hour, 36-mile roundtrip excursion
- Gourmet, four-course dinner prepared fresh onboard by our dedicated culinary team
- Champagne toast at Mock-Midnight (sparkling cider available)
- Souvenir champagne flute
- All non-alcoholic beverages, including after dinner coffee and tea
My Old Kentucky Dinner Train features two beautifully restored 1940’s vintage dining cars, which are pulled by two 1950’s F-unit locomotives. Before your journey begins, take a moment to browse our gift shop full of unique mementos or sit back and enjoy a specialty cocktail from our depot bar stocked with premium wine, beer, and liquor, including more than 35 types of bourbon.
Embark on your journey from our historical depot nestled in Bardstown, Kentucky, named Most Beautiful Small Town in America by Rand McNally and USA Today in 2012 and in 2014 America’s Best Small Town by Fodor’s Travel Guide in 2014! Throughout the journey, the train travels through the breathtaking Kentucky countryside, traveling by sites such as Jim Beam distillery, Jesse James’ safe house, and the Jackson Hollow Trestle in the Bernheim Forest.
While My Old Kentucky Dinner Train’s patrons travel across the beautiful natural scenery and historical sites during the two and a half hour excursion, they are invited to embark on a culinary journey equally remarkable. The delicious prix fixe meal is prepared fresh while en route by our culinary team and served throughout the evening alongside refreshments and specialty cocktails. The traditional tables of four are perfect for conversation yet cozy enough for privacy. All that’s left is to sit back, relax, and enjoy the wonderful moments with those around you.
Signature Golden Spike Salad
Main Course Options
Vegetarian Available upon Request
- Prime Rib served with Seasonal Roasted Vegetables and Whipped Potatoes, or
- Brown Butter Sage Mushroom Campanella Pasta with Chicken
- Seven-Layer chocolate cake with fresh raspberries, or
- Warm Butter cake
- Social hour begins one hour prior to excursion time
- Dress code for event is Semi-Formal
- Excursions depart promptly at time listed
- Excursions depart from and return to the depot in Bardstown, KY
- The four-course dinner is served throughout the evening
- Full-service bar available at the depot and while on board
- Additional appetizers and celebratory flower arrangements or desserts may be purchased in advance
- For more information, visit our FAQ page or call our reservations team