This two and a half-hour excursion is great for a romantic evening or for anyone celebrating a special occasion. Dine on delicious gourmet meal options for adults and children.
- Adult Ages 21+
- Private Table For Two
- Private Groups From:
Relax while you enjoy a 2½ hour excursion through the beautiful Central Kentucky countryside, a gourmet four-course meal, a tasting of bourbon hosted by a master distiller and unique souvenirs!
- 2.5 hour, 36-mile roundtrip excursion
- Gourmet, four-course dinner prepared fresh onboard by our dedicated culinary team
- Bourbon tasting paired with your meal, guided by a master distiller
- All non-alcoholic beverages, including after dinner coffee and tea
My Old Kentucky Dinner Train features two beautifully restored 1940’s vintage dining cars, which are pulled by two 1950’s F-unit locomotives. Before your journey begins, take a moment to browse our gift shop full of unique mementos or sit back and enjoy a specialty cocktail from our depot bar stocked with premium wine, beer, and liquor, including more than 35 types of bourbon.
Embark on your journey from our historical depot nestled in Bardstown, Kentucky, named Most Beautiful Small Town in America by Rand McNally and USA Today in 2012 and in 2014 America’s Best Small Town by Fodor’s Travel Guide in 2014! Throughout the journey, the train travels through the breathtaking Kentucky countryside, traveling by sites such as Jim Beam distillery, Jesse James’ safe house, and the Jackson Hollow Trestle in the Bernheim Forest.
While My Old Kentucky Dinner Train’s patrons travel across the beautiful natural scenery and historical sites during the two and a half hour excursion, they are invited to embark on a culinary journey equally remarkable. The delicious prix fixe meal is prepared fresh while en route by our culinary team.
Throughout the evening, master distillers guide the patrons on a bourbon journey equally exciting and memorable. Learn about the history and crafting of the bourbon, and engage all of your senses while you enjoy the perfectly paired bourbon with your fine dining meal!
Dinner Menu (Seasonally Rotated, Sample Menu)
View full descriptions and photos of our menu under Info
Tomato & Goat Cheese Crostini Duet
- Summer Salad with Golden Spike Dressing
- Caesar Salad
Main Course Options
Vegetarian Available upon Request
- Prime Rib served with Seasonal Roasted Vegetables and Whipped Potatoes
- Roasted Chicken served atop Creamy Polenta and Sautéed Vegetables
- Seared Cod with Tomato, Corn and Pearl Couscous
- Pork Tenderloin topped with Peach Compote served with Roasted Vegetables
- Apple Dumpling a la mode
- Cheesecake with Seasonal Berry Compote
- Check-in begins one hour prior to excursion time
- Excursions depart promptly at time listed
- Excursions depart from and return to the depot in Bardstown, KY
- The four course dinner is served throughout the evening
- Full-service bar available at the depot and while on board
- Additional appetizers and celebratory flower arrangements or desserts may be purchased in advance
- For more information, visit our FAQ page or call our reservations team